Event is FINISHED
Make your own cloud-based cloud lamp
Have you ever been curious about how to make one of those interesting colour changing LED big puffy cloud lamps?
Instead of spending your hard-earned money to buy one, why not learn to make one yourself? Build your very own desktop battery-powered cloud-based cloud lamp! At the same time, you can learn to program i.e. code your own special effects. You can also learn to make your cloud lamp to be truly 'cloud-based' by connecting it to the Internet cloud! Use services like IFTTT and Amazon's Alexa to make your lamp activated simply by voice.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- connect the Neopixel RBG LED module to the EspressoLite microcontroller
- program/code the lighting effects using Arduino IDE
- connecting to the cloud service e.g. IFTTT
- configuring Amazon Alexa for voice-activated command
- build the enclosure to look like a cloud and embed the components
All tools and equipment will be provided. Workshop duration is between 2-2.5 hours, dependent on prior hands-on experience.
Want to find more groups and events like this?